Production Supervisor II
Company: Airmar Technology Corp.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Under the general guidance of direct manager, guides and
coordinates activities of a production department, applying
knowledge of production methods, processes, manpower, machines and
equipment. JOB FUNCTIONS: While in the performance of job
requirements, observes all safety regulations including protective
equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and
equipment, and applicable to the use of chemicals including
isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, ethylene dichloride, glues,
epoxies, or other chemicals as required. Responsible for training
employees in safe chemical handling, work habits, ergonomic
posture, and set-up, and enforces all safety procedures required to
maintain a healthy working environment.
- Effectively communicates with the appropriate department
personnel for assistance with engineering, materials, process,
equipment, personnel, quality, or other needs.
- Responsible for continuous improvement initiatives within area
of control, with special emphasis on safety, quality, delivery,
inventory, and productivity.
- Prepares and conducts performance evaluations and participates
in creating developmental goals, i.e., productivity, quality, and
level of service, and monitors progress.
- Conducts interviews for filling vacancies when required.
- Keeps personnel well informed of established policies and
procedures and changes as they occur.
- Administers employee counseling and/or corrective action as
- Maintains employee records with appropriate
- Works with the Production Control team to develop weekly
schedules and reports. Assigns scheduled work to members of the
- Leads and participates in continuous improvement initiatives
including kaizen events, and root cause analyses such as 5 Whys and
- Analyzes routings, productivity and quality trends and defines
root cause issues.
- Attends and/or conducts meetings including daily team huddles,
Gemba walks, A3 Review meetings, and monthly Production Staff
- Maintains an on-going knowledge of new products and processes
introduced into the area under supervision.
- Interfaces with multiple disciplines e.g. QA, Engineering,
Production Supervisors, to correct deficiencies and implement
systems that improve workflow, quality of product, and safety of
- Responsible for accurate inventory within assigned
- Conducts equipment/process needs analysis and cost analysis
Makes recommendations for, and implements, equipment and process
improvements. Tracks outcome; production/quality improvement trends
and/ or cost savings.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
- Five or more years supervisory experience in a manufacturing
environment with demonstrated leadership and organizational
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Business Administration, or
relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing processes and
- Significant Lean Manufacturing experience, including
development of Flow Cells, Standardized Work, 5S, 3P, Heijunka
Scheduling, and Kanban material replenishment.
- Strong understanding of material and inventory control
procedures, including Cycle counting.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel,
Word, PowerPoint) and ERP/MRP systems. Knowledge of IFS a distinct
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to interface with employees of all
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Able to multitask.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead and participate in cross
- Experience in a high mix/low volume environment.
Keywords: Airmar Technology Corp., Milford , Production Supervisor II, Professions , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!