Data Analyst (Catalog)
Company: FCP Euro
Posted on: February 19, 2021
About FCP Euro
Since 1986, FCP Euro has become the leading online store for OE,
OEM, and Genuine replacement parts for European cars. Check out our
website at if you haven't already done so.
Because of unprecedented growth and an incredibly enthusiastic
community, we're expanding our company, and we are growing fast!
With the right people, we're convinced the next few years will be
an incredible period of growth and excitement. To meet this
challenge, we're looking for new team members.
We first look for chemistry, ambition, and compatibility, then we
focus on the appropriate skills for each position. Here at FCP Euro
our culture is key!
Right now, we're in one of the most exciting phases in our history.
You're going to sense urgency and energy when you become part of
the FCP Euro family. Everyone has an opportunity to grow with us,
especially people who show entrepreneurial spirit, ambition, and
Data Analyst (Catalog)
FCP Euro is looking to hire a Data Analyst (Catalog) who will serve
as the data team liaison to the catalog operation of the company,
helping to optimize our product offering of over 170,000 skus.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, naturally inquisitive,
feel comfortable in a lean and fast-paced environment, driven to
delve deep into our datasets to deliver actionable insights on our
product offering, and able to effectively communicate those
insights to stakeholders so we can better serve our customers.
Candidates should be open to learning and personal development as
we are continuously learning new tools and technologies on our way
to find the perfect mix. A "can do" mentality that can integrate
disparate data sources into new pipelines and wrangle data is
necessary. Candidates should have prior experience with relational
databases and SQL, as well as open source data analysis frameworks
such as python/R, as they will be expected to expand and own the
data infrastructure for their embedded area as well as contribute
to the robustness of FCP's data infrastructure as a whole.
- Data Analysts are expected to actively shape company culture,
facilitating greater inclusion, engagement, be an embodiment of our
core values, and raise awareness about data and its application
potential. With guidance from your manager you'll be expected to be
continually learning, testing assumptions, experimenting with new
technology and breaking out of your comfort zone as we push back
the borders of the unknown.
- Responsibilities and duties
- Promotes a data-centric approach toward the catalog by
Integrating disparate data sources to provide insight into the
totality of our product offering, increase automation, and model
interactions between skus
- Forecasts potential market and growth opportunities, determine
relevant KPIs, and build related reporting
- Uses data, visualizations, and reporting to guide and optimize
- Recommends which product areas have growth opportunities and
work with stakeholders on potential additions to catalog
- Implements automated monitoring of sku data for errors or
- Works with stakeholders and the rest of the data team to
construct descriptive and predictive models of sku behavior
- Models sku correlation and part overlap, potential for
cannibalization, as well as potential for kit inclusion
- Monitors product life cycle, extending SKU life and identifying
areas of decline and potential growth
- Identifies pricing conflicts on like components from alternate
brands and products and recommends optimal placement
- Manages VIO data and creates projections on buildouts as
compared to vehicles in operations.
- Monitors MAP brand pricing, and compares market
Qualifications And Skills
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate complex
processes and approaches to stakeholders
- Passionate about data, the discovery process, how things work
and how they can be improved through data
- Analytical thinking - familiar with statistical concepts and
able to visualize a process, test assumptions, question the current
body of knowledge, and foresee future problems and applications of
a given approach
- Able to effectively visualize bulk data for business
- Some general understanding of car mechanics and part categories
- Prior experience writing code in R/Python preferred
- Prior experience with relational databases and SQL queries
- Google Analytics, and Analytics API experience a plus
Benefits And Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life, Disability, Critical Illness, Accident
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 401k with Company Match
- Exclusive Discount Offerings
No phone calls or agency referrals, please.
FCP Euro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination or
harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion,
sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, national
origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital
status, family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability,
intellectual disability, learning disability, veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by the law.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: FCP Euro, Milford , Data Analyst (Catalog), Professions , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!