Lifeguards - Woodruff Family YMCA
Company: Central Connecticut Coast YMCA
Posted on: November 20, 2022
DescriptionThis position supports the mission and work of the Y,
a leading nonprofit, charitable organization. The Lifeguard
maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and
respects all individuals and while promoting and maintaining safe
swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. The
Lifeguard assures the well-being for each participant in line with
YMCA of the USA guidelines and association policies in accordance
with their training. This results in cause-centered culture that is
welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while also
managing high-quality, member-focused aquatics programs.ESSENTIAL
- Models the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and
responsibility with members, colleagues, guests, volunteers, and
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers,
members, program participants, and colleagues at all levels of the
organization; helps members connect with each other and the
- Maintains physical presence, remains alert at all times while
on duty, maintains constant visual attention to swimmers, and
remains aware of pool surroundings and participants in the
- Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to
emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies,
procedures, and the "safe-in-six" model; completes related reports
- Knows, follows, and enforces all YMCA policies, rules,
regulations, and procedures, including those for the prevention of
- Ambassador of all YMCA programs with a focus on Aquatics
programs, schedules, and member engagement.
- Follows all aquatic procedures and guidelines including those
pertaining to health and safety, chemical testing, forms, reports,
and staff expectations as required by the YMCA and the state health
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is
available as needed. Clean and store equipment per branch
- Attends all mandatory meetings and trainings. Requirements
- Minimum age of 16 years.
- Must hold and maintain CPR, AED, and First Aid
- Must hold and maintain American Red Cross, YMCA, or equivalent
lifeguard and/or YMCA Swim Lessons Instructor certification.
- Must complete Emergency Oxygen Administration Certification
within the first 90 days of employment.
- Ability to maintain certification-level physical and mental
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA
- Must successfully complete a swimming and physical skills test
upon hire, and annually according to CCC YMCA parameters.
- Remains calm and objective when under pressure or when
challenged by others.
- Effective communication skills necessary to inform, counsel,
motivate, and support members and staff.
- Must be observant, safety-conscious, and able to react calmly
and quickly in an emergency.
- Able to work flexible schedules.
Keywords: Central Connecticut Coast YMCA, Milford , Lifeguards - Woodruff Family YMCA, Other , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!