Scientist II, Serology
Posted on: November 17, 2022
LGC is a leading, global life science tools company, providing
mission-critical components and solutions for high-growth
application areas across human healthcare and applied market
segments. Our high-quality product portfolio comprises
mission-critical tools for genomic analysis and quality assurance
applications, which are typically embedded and recurring within our
customers' products and workflows and are valued for their
performance, quality, and range.
Our tools play a key role in customer workflows from discovery
applications through to commercial manufacture and enable its
customers to: bring new diagnostics and therapies to market;
progress research and development; optimize food production; and
continuously monitor and enhance the quality of food, the
environment and consumer products.
LGC's 175+ years of scientific heritage, combined with a track
record of innovation and value-enhancing acquisitions, has enabled
the company to build its product portfolio and expertise, and
develop deep relationships with customers, industry partners and
the global scientific community. Join us and help us achieve our
mission of Science for a Safer World! Job PurposeThe Scientist II,
New Product Development - LCMS position will work with and report
to the Director Product Development, Biochemistry. This role will
support LGC Clinical Diagnostics purpose of advancing the
understanding of LCMS within the clinical diagnostics space. As a
scientist II, this leader will work with cross functional teams to
bring innovative, multiplexed LCMS quality control materials to
market to serve the diagnostics community. This Scientist II will
provide clearly articulated timelines and priorities and be a
contributor to team's workflow as needed to meet internal and
external customer needs. Key Responsibilities
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or
written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals
- Technical expertise as a key scientific resource for LC-MS
applications related to new product development
- Technical project leader/subject matter expert for multiple
projects related to LC-MS new product development.
- Organize projects and data using Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Use
specialized software as appropriate.
- Interact with clients when applicable to provide technical
project updates, review and evaluate data, write reports and
- Aids in coordinating all aspects of LC-MS LDT method
development and validation when applicable
- Draft new product design control documentation to meet ISO13485
and applicable CE/IVD requirements.
- Ensure LC-MS equipment is monitored for appropriate operation
within set parameters where applicable. Aid in new LC-MS equipment
validation where applicable and aid in writing standard operating
procedures (SOPs) for use and maintenance.
- Develop processes for manufacture and testing of new LC-MS
products. Draft SOPs for new processes and perform method
validations as appropriate.
- Evaluate alternative raw materials, develop purchasing
specifications and plan for project raw material requirements by
maintaining appropriate inventory of reagents.
Knowledge, Experience, and Technical Skills
- Critical thinker who can analyze data and respond quickly to
manage product development projects.
- Technical capabilities with analytical expertise in LDT method
development for LC-MS a plus
- Experience with LCMS-MS
- Strong knowledge of extraction techniques with biological
- This position requires an individual who possesses a strong
work ethic and has excellent communication, organization, and
- He/she must have strong computational skills, good record
keeping abilities, and experience using PC based programs (MS Word,
Excel, etc) as part of daily routines.
- This work demands attention to technical detail and
documentation according to procedures, and the maintenance of an
accurate and comprehensive laboratory notebook is required. The
laboratory work requires the use of personal protective equipment
and strict adherence to safety protocols, as well as regular
proficiency testing and performance of shared laboratory and other
duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Master's degree in natural science with a preference for
Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- A minimum of five years' experience in technical operations or
equivalent lab experience
- Experience with product/process development and manufacture in
a cGMP environment.
- Familiarity with diagnostic and medical device requirements
including ISO 13485.
- Strong experience in DOE (design of experiments) and Statistics
- Experience with LC-MS required.
- Experience with LC-MS LDTs strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with LC-MS Clinical diagnostic test methods,
platforms, and data analysis required.
What we offer (US based employees):
- Competitive compensation with strong bonus program
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits for
employees and dependents
- FSA/HSA Pre-tax savings plans for health care, childcare, and
- Deductible Buffer Insurance and Critical Illness Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contribution
- Company-paid short- and long- term disability, life insurance,
and employee assistance program
- Flexible work options
- Pet Insurance for our furry friends
- Enhanced Parental leave of 8 additional weeks
- PTO that begins immediately
- Town Hall monthly meeting onsite/virtual, Cheer program where
employees are recognized for outstanding work, Companywide social
events, frequent catered lunches and much more!
Keywords: LGC, Milford , Scientist II, Serology, Other , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!