Systems Proposal Engineer
Company: PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Posted on: November 22, 2021
SUMMARYThe Systems Proposal Engineer is responsible for system
proposal preparation, including research and technical solutions
for requests from the sales team and their customers to best match
their needs. The Systems Proposal Engineer position can provide the
opportunity to grow into a full outside sales position or internal
engineering or project management position, based on successful
progress. Extensive direct customer and sales force engagement is
required. Some travel is required. ESSENTIAL DUTIESTo perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Employees must spend over 50% of their time on
- Communicate with customers and field sales staff during the
pre-sale phase to understand end application needs, providing
pre-sale responses and system solution information in coordination
with Field Sales, Proposals Manager, Systems Engineering, and Laser
- Provide to Proposals Manager: cost analysis, schedule
estimates, and clear descriptions of non-standard features for
systems quotations. Obtain supporting data from own engineering
analysis, input from Engineering, and input from suppliers.
- Prepare quick turn-around CAD descriptive sketches to support
- Make Laser and Systems Division presentations to customers
on-site and in-house, emphasizing our technical, product, and
service core competencies.
- Provide Training on systems and solutions as required for sales
force. Provide solution and application inputs to marketing for
generating communications and collateral.
- Identify outside vendors to supplement in-house product
development for custom subassemblies on a project-by-project
- Provide project management support to Engineering and
- Provide technical information support to Proposals Manager and
- Perform post-sale analysis of cost, features, and performance
of custom system components KEY AREAS OF INITIAL ATTENTION
- Learn scope of Systems product line and product
- Catalog existing system products and features
- Prepare technical input and cost estimates for non-standard
quotations. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Material Science Engineering
or equivalent required.
- 2 to 4 years' experience in a product management, engineering,
or applications position OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in specifying, operating, designing, or maintaining
equipment for industrial production and automation.
- Strong organization skills, excellent customer service
approach, can-do attitude,
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and
presenting technical product and service information to engineers,
operators, and senior business managers
- Ability to research and solve technical problems for internal
and external customers.
- Superior time management and follow-though with ability to
accomplish day-to-day tasks while continuing to make progress, and
bring to completion, longer term projects.
- EXCEL, WORD, and CAD experience, preferably SolidWorks.
- Attention to detail and being flexible to handle multiple tasks
- Proven ability to meet deadlines while performing task
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in all areas of
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
Keywords: PEAK Technical Staffing USA, Milford , Systems Proposal Engineer, Other , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!