Posted on: June 10, 2021
Be a part of the Subway Group - the world's largest quick
service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick
Service industry. With more than 44,000 restaurants in over 100
countries, we continue to add talent to our team at our global
headquarters in Milford, Connecticut. Subway seeks to hire an
experienced Data Architect to work closely with our Data Platform
Engineering Team and Analytics Users to continue to evolve our
cloud enabled data ecosystem.
The Data Architect will be responsible for the overseeing the
global Enterprise Data Platform Architecture including the design,
adoption and rollout of data management systems and standards, and
the plans to integrate, centralize and maintain them.
A successful candidate will architect and design scalable and
flexible solutions that conform to Subway's data design and
governance strategies utilizing our AWS environment and Amazon
Redshift data warehouse and other cloud-based technologies.
- Engaging with the business (Analytics, Digital, Finance,
Restaurant Systems) and technology (Enterprise Architecture and
Engineering) stakeholders to create a compelling vision of a
data-driven enterprise for the Subway ecosystem environment.
- Developing and executing a plan for Subway's overall data
governance, quality and security, informed by our strategy and
- Identify opportunities to enhance operational performance,
mitigate risks, and lead large-scale initiatives to ensure a highly
controlled, excellent data platform is delivered.
- Supporting the definition and design of repeatable data-driven
solutions working in close coordination with Product and Enterprise
- Establish forward thinking architecture vision for modernizing
the Data Platforming including Big Data, Machine Learning, and
Real-time Streaming capabilities.
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client
operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives
with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system;
defining database physical structure and functional
- Advise on Data Lake architectures to support Data Science and
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving
production and application development problems; calculating
optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and
installing new releases; answering user questions.
- Creates and maintains documentation of the database design
specification and data models.
- Refactor, design, and tune the data warehouse based on an
understanding of Amazon Redshift's infrastructure.
- Third Party Vendor/Headquarters code releases and support.
- Database and data access layer related code reviews and
mentorship of junior developers.
- Participation in scalability and high-level architecture
- Responsible for physical data placement/organization such as
partitioning, segmentation, and distribution requirements.
- 6+ years of Data & Analytics experience, preferably including
exposure to setting process, standards or execution;
- 3+ years implementation experience with more modern cloud fist
solutions (AWS Redshift, etc) and No-SQL (Mongo, etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Information Science or related
field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mastery of relational database, NoSQL, ETL/ELT and data
- Demonstrated experience in architecting and implementing Data
Warehouse using AWS Redshift and massively parallel processing
- Proven record of accomplishment architecting and implementing a
Data Lake Strategy in support of Data Science.
- Python and/or node.js experience.
- Experience in the processing of Real-Time Data Streams for
Operational Reporting in an AWS Environment.
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous
Delivery technologies is desirable.
- Expertise in data warehouse design methodologies.
- Experience with Dashboarding tools such as Tableau,
- Experience with Data Science tools such as Python, R
- Hands-on experience with Erwin Data Modeler & Erwin Mart
Experience which would set the candidate apart:
- Amazon Web Services Certifications (Architect or Developer
- Practical understanding of public cloud architecture.
- Experience with data integration design, development, and
testing (Matillion for Redshift & AWS ELT services).
Keywords: Subway, Milford , Architect- Data, Other , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!