To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality
medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the
patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a
Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting
where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees
of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and
contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous,
comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the
care provided to their patients.
Performs a variety of duties to ensure that all persons entering
the Hospital are authorized and are presented a positive image
which maintains the highest standards of customer satisfaction and
service orientation. Provides general information related to
hospital services; distributes literature on specific health care
programs; performs emergency procedures as required and provides
efficient directions. Essential duties and responsibilities include
the following. Other duties may be assigned. Must become a trained
medical interpreter within one year of hire.
- Controls access to facility.
- 1.1 Ensures that visitors entering the hospital have the proper
directions for the area being visited and are visiting during
appropriate visiting hours as monitored by feedback from units and
- Provides directions to patients, visitors, and employees.
- 2.1 Provides accurate directions to patients, visitors, and
employees as observed by supervisor and as indicated by visitor and
- Provides literature on hospital policies and programs to
patients, visitors and employees.
- 3.1 Distributes literature related to hospital policy and
procedures to patients, visitors, and employees upon request as
observed by supervisor.
- Performs duties related to fire and disaster emergencies.
- 4.1 Performs specified duties for assigned post during fire
emergencies as documented in drill reports.
- Generates reports on unusual occurrences at assigned post.
- 5.1 Identifies and reports maintenance problems as they occur
as observed by supervisor.
- Uniforms are worn according to department policy and a
professional appearance is projected and maintained.
- 6.1 Trousers are always clean and pressed as observed by
- Observes visitor and vehicle activity in the traffic
- 7.1 As needed, goes outside to the circle to provide assistance
to visitors who need additional support as they exit their
vehicles. This may include providing a wheelchair and wheeling the
visitor into the lobby.
High school graduate plus additional specialized training. Must
become a trained medical interpreter within one year of hire.
Customer service experience preferred, 12 months previous
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, Sensitivity for
people in crisis, Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands
and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and
walk .The employee must frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25
pounds, occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds. The specific
vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to
adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. Incumbents as well as external and internal applicants
who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job
functions with or without the assistance of reasonable
accommodation as determined on a case by case basis.
YNHHS Requisition ID