To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality
medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the
patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a
Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting
where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees
of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and
contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous,
comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the
care provided to their patients.
Performs selected patient care services and assists other care
providers under the direction of the R.N.. Documents care on
patient flow sheets. Essential duties and responsibilities include
the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates skill in observing and communicating patient
- 1.1 Identifies changes in patient's condition and communicates
significant observations to the nurse in a timely fashion
asIndicated by report to the nurse.
- Demonstrates skill in providing direct patient care.
- 2.1 Accepts report on assigned patients and demonstrates
understanding as evidenced by her/his communication.
- Performs decentralized laboratory testing as credentialed.
- 3.1 Appropriately collects specimen and performs test following
established policy and procedure 100% of the time as observed by
- Completes non-therapeutic functions as assigned by
- 4.1 Follows correct procedure in performing non-therapeutic
functions as observed by supervisor.
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility in daily
performance of role.
- 5.1 Relocates and rotates to meet patient care needs as
observed by supervisor.
- Completes skills checklist.
High school diploma or equivalent. Certified Nursing
Assistant/EMT/Certified Medical Response Technician/Certified
Clinical Medical Asst./Nursing Student, LPN.
Prefer two years of patient care experience in a fast paced
CNA Certification, EMT or MA Certification
Part time; Nights with every other weekend and holiday
Good interpersonal skills. Successful completion of
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are also required to
stand and walk. Must be able to assist with pushing/pulling/lifting
patients up to 75 pounds. If the lifting required exceeds 75 pounds
and the patient is not ambulatory, assistance form other staff
members must be obtained. Specific vision abilities include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is
YNHHS Requisition ID