Company: West River Rehab Center
Posted on: June 7, 2021
3pm-11pm RN Supervisor
Excellent Competitive Salary
Sign on Bonus!!!
Seeking a dynamic RN Supervisor to join our community
Responsible for the independent supervision of the delivery of
care to a group of residents in a nursing unit. Assess resident
needs, develop individual care plans, administer nursing care,
evaluate nursing care, and supervise CNAs and other personnel in
the delivery of nursing care.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform rounding at each section of the building
- Assist with meals: assist with getting all residents to dining
room, handing out trays, and assisting during meals, and also
auditing hand washing during meal times.
- Auditing Charts to make sure orders have been transcribed
- Assist with Admissions, entering orders, performing head to toe
- Assist with treatment orders
- Assist with falls: make sure documentation is complete and
submitted, DON is notified of fall, and assess resident.
- This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere
of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for
its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not
- Adhere to State and Federal rules and regulations concerning
the delivery of care and assure that effective quality nursing care
is delivered which is outcome focused on utilization of the nursing
- Effectively interview the resident/responsible party to obtain
information required for developing and implementing a plan of
- Perform physical assessment through observation, inspection,
palpation, percussion, and auscultation.
- Implement plan of care consistently, effectively and
cost-efficiently with focus on resident-centered outcomes.
- Identify rationale and anticipated outcomes for each nursing
- Assume responsibility for care interventions consistent with
skill level and professional standards of care. Utilize
professional and sound judgment in the delivery of care, which is
cost efficient but does not jeopardize safe, effective care
- Keep physician and/or other health care professionals (nurse
practitioner, physician assistant, podiatrist, dentist, etc.)
informed of resident's condition; and notify the physician and/or
other healthcare professionals immediately of the significant
change of condition.
- Work in collaboration with physician and/or other health care
professionals by sharing information relevant to changing the plan
- Critique and take responsibility for evaluating nursing care
- Utilize the expertise of nurse colleagues to evaluate the plan
- Elicit feedback from the individual being served and/or family
or responsible party to determine that their needs are being
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the plan of care in conjunction
with the interdisciplinary care plan team.
- Deliver and maintain optimum resident care and comfort by
demonstrating knowledge and skills of current nursing
- Transcribe physician and/or other healthcare professionals'
orders appropriately and accurately.
- Notify physician and/or other healthcare professionals if
orders are not carried out and document event appropriately.
- Follow company, facility and departmental policies and
procedures and appropriately utilize nursing judgment.
- Complete documentation of all medical records and reporting
forms in an accurate manner.
- Supervise CNAs and other personnel.
- May supervise other Nurses, including other RNs.
- Coach, counsel, and assign CNAs and other nurses to provide
quality resident care.
- Appropriately discipline or participate in the discipline of
CNAs and other nurses for violations of work rules, policies or
poor performance, including the recommendation of suspensions or
- Recognize CNAs and other nurses for exceptional care and job
performance on a regular basis and as part of their formal
- Assign CNAs and other nurses specific duties for resident care
and direct their work.
- Train and/or assist in the orientation of new employees.
- Demonstrate safe practices in regard to the resident's comfort
and safety by applying knowledge of proper body alignment for self
- Maintain updated knowledge base in pharmacology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of drug reactions and sensitivities and
- Assure that narcotics are accounted for properly.
- Recognize normal and abnormal lab values and communicate it in
an appropriate manner to the physician, and other interdisciplinary
team members as appropriate.
- Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility
- Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan,
Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the
- Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility
- Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
- Protect the personal property of the residents of the
- Others as directed by the supervisor or administrator.
- Registered Nurse with a current state license.
- Excellent technical, assessment and documentation skills.
- Good Leadership qualities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people
in a nursing facility.
- Comply with the Residents' Rights and Facility Policies and
- Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as
- Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.
Keywords: West River Rehab Center, Milford , RN Supervisor, Other , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!