Principal Systems Engineer
Company: Waters Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Principal Systems Engineer in Milford, Massachusetts - Careers
at MA - Milford Skip Branding Principal Systems Engineer in
Milford, Massachusetts - Careers at MA - Milford Skip to Main
Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in
your browser to experience all the personalized features of this
site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page
Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Principal Systems
Engineer Req. # 12708 Company Name Waters Division Category
Research and Development Location US-MA-Milford Type Regular
Full-Time Overview Waters Corporation is seeking a Principal
Systems Engineer to lead the facilitation of system design and
definition at a technical level while working with key stakeholders
to ensure that the system meets that definition. This role will
work with hardware and software engineering, product owners, and
research groups on LC/MS/Informatics/Chemistry requirements
analysis and generating system requirements document and system
- Work within the company's product/instrument development
process and relevant regulatory frameworks to:
- Collaborate with product owners in understanding & defining
- Collaborate with/support product owners in developing a user
- Assist in generating a Systems Engineering Management Plan
(SEMP), when appropriate for a given project.
- Collaborate with SMEs in generating concept of operations.
- Assist with the development of system architecture by working
with a cross-functional team of SMEs
- Be accountable for managing interfaces between various
- Lead the collaboration with SMEs in developing system
requirements document (System PRD) and sub-system requirements
document (Subsystem PRD) and be accountable for system requirements
- Create system verification documents to provide test evidence
that system design requirements have been met.
- Develop, and work in partnership with other stakeholders to
implement, the system integration strategy (SEMP, if applicable)
such that key attributes are risk managed and that project
timelines are met.
- Contribute to design reviews, FMEAs, phase reviews, system cost
model, and other project related activity as appropriate.
- Lead and facilitate the development of systems engineering
tools (Example:SysML, FFDs), process and practices. Mentor project
team members in these tools when applicable.
- Take an active role in the development and support of existing
LC/MS/Informatics systems and technologies (either directly
identified or guided through consultation with Research,
Engineering, Operations or Service) to:
- Improve performance, improve quality or reduce cost.
- Define critical parameters and interface requirements for
integration into commercial products.
- Model/simulate system performance and system requirements.
- Work in partnership with Corporate Research to:
- Assist in the evaluation and usage of new technologies.
- Provide integration skills to aid the development and
subsequent transfer of new technologies (including their
requirements and specifications) into commercial
- Ensure that Quality system standards and Health and Safety
standards are adhered to at all times.
- Perform other duties in a professional manner as deemed
necessary by the Organization.
- Monitor developments in the technical community and competitors
products to identify potential development opportunities.
- To act as system designer and technical authority for
designated LC/MS instruments when required. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or a
- Minimum of 5 years of systems engineering experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Diagnostic abilities to determine root causes and provide fault
- Proven experience in the development of LC and/or MS
instrumentation, or similar scientific or analytical
instrumentation containing chemistry, fluids under pressure,
optics, vacuum, particle optics, precision mechanics, electronics,
- Hands-on experience of LC and/or MS system and sub-assemblies
- Ability to understand high level software and
- A technical understanding of the requirements, procedures and
physical resources needed to verify sub-assemblies in system
environments and complete LC/MS products.
- Ability to work with process.
- Ability to work in ad hoc project teams. Company Description
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty
measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass
spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life,
materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than
7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35
countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products
available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating
business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to
enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery,
environmental management, food safety, and water quality. Working
at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their
careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be
better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We're the
problem solvers and innovators that aren't afraid to take risks to
transform the world of human health and well-being. We're all in it
together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed
today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow. Diversity and
inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation.
It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and
practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across
the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for
the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our
community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and
is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.-- Key
Words systems engineer, systems engineering, principal systems
engineer, Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Refer this
job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
- Share this job on your Social Network! - More
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Waters Corporation, Milford , Principal Systems Engineer, Other , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!