Senior Systems & Network Engineer
Company: Research And Developement Industries Inc
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Computer & Network Engineering - Milford, IA - Full Time Job
Description Position Overview Our Senior Systems & Network
Engineers hold a wealth of knowledge regarding complex LAN and WAN
network infrastructure. They are able to provide the highest level
of network system maintenance and support, and are expected to have
leading-class knowledge of hardware, software, networking, and
security. A Senior Systems & Network Engineer should have years of
experience working in the field, and should have a strong
background in customer service and team leadership. Individuals
must possess excellent technical and troubleshooting skills, and
must also have outstanding personal skills as working closely with
customers is imperative.
- Communicate effectively with customers on both a technical and
- Work as part of a team as well as work unsupervised.
- Strive to constantly learn new technology and devices.
- Be motivated and self-managed.
- Often travel to customer locations to directly work with
customers and resolve issues on-site. Common Duties and Tasks:
- Identify, propose, design, and deliver appropriate
infrastructure upgrades/projects for customers to enable a more
productive, secure and stable environment in line with
best-in-class IT practices.
- Meet with new customers to discuss their challenges and goals,
and work with them to develop plans to address those challenges and
to reach their goals, while still maintaining secure baselines and
adhering to best practices.
- Design complex LAN and WAN infrastructure
- Install, configure, repair, maintain, troubleshoot, and
diagnose PCs, servers, virtualization infrastructure, network
switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points, network
software, VLANs, VPNs, and nearly any high-level issue that may
occur in the enterprise.
- Respond to network alerts and customer issues to remediate
issues in an efficient manner.
- Expediently answer customer calls, diagnose issues, respond
quickly, and complete the service loop.
- Work with Level 2 Computer Network Technician to determine
server and other equipment specifications for customer
- Specify accurate time and material requirements for large-scale
customer projects such as facilities expansions and virtualization
- Design and implementation of new Windows Server-based
- Management, deployment, and troubleshooting of Active Directory
and Group Policies.
- Management, deployment, and troubleshooting of varied email
systems, such as Office 365.
- Detailed troubleshooting of email flow issues, where a strong
knowledge of DNS is required.
- Carefully organize customer documentation through project
- Service auditing, for example:
- o Periodically validating backups are configured to back up all
data on all volumes, at specified intervals, and to all appropriate
- o Periodically validating firewall rules do not allow
unnecessary traffic inbound or outbound.
- o Periodically validating that all machines on the network meet
the specified baseline security settings.
- Test and implement new technologies for in-house as well as
- Implement monitoring and automation for various systems using
in-house and third-party platforms.
- LAN and WAN design, including implementation of VLANs and
- Server operating systems, up to Windows Server 2020
- Microsoft Active Directory, including group policies
- DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, SNMP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, as well as other
- DNSSEC, SPF, DMARC
- Ethernet, VLANS, VPNs, switching and routing, OSPF, BGP
- Wireless networking 802.11n/ac/ax
- Server virtualization using VMWare and VCenter
- NAS devices, security, and configuration
- Physical network infrastructure, including cabling
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Exchange,
Skype for Business
- SAN (Storage Area Networks), iSCSI, fiber channel, SAN
management, LUN configuration & management, Dell Compellent
- Scripting for the purposes of automation, such as through
PowerShell, batch files, VBScript
- Knowledge of RMM products such as ConnectWise and Kaseya
- CompTIA Net+
- CompTIA Security+
- Work in a fun, team environment
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Gain crucial experience with a variety of real-world
- Learn from respected industry experts on best practices
- Unlimited Coffee
- Conveniently located near Highway 71
- Employer-paid health insurance contribution
- Medical (cafeteria) plan
- Paid Individual Life, Dental, Vision and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) sick days and personal days
- Jury duty and bereavement benefits
- Allowance for use of personal cell phone.
- Performance-based bonuses
- 401K Match
- Health savings and flexing spend options
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Life Insurance (Additional Coverage Options)
- Additional coverage options to include spouses and families
About Us: R & D Industries, Inc. (RDI) is a 37-year old Iowa
corporation and winner of the 2010 Iowa Small Business Excellence
Award. RDI was listed in both 2014 and 2015 Inc Magazine's Inc-5000
as one of the fastest-growing privately held companies in the US.
In 2019, RDI's Thinix division was recognized for managed service
excellence as one of the Top 500 MSPs in the US. RDI provides
competitive pay, paid vacations, paid holidays, paid personal days,
group health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance,
disability insurance, life insurance, 401k retirement plan, and
other benefits. RDI has offices in Milford and Ames. This is an
excellent opportunity for the right individual to work in a
growing, fun environment within one of the top technology companies
in the region. Join us and be a part of a special team right here
in Iowa! Join us and be a part of a special team right here in
Iowa! R & D Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and
proud supporter of the Home Base Iowa Initiative for more details
see: HomeBaseIowa.gov About Okoboji, IA: R & D Industries (RDI)--in
Milford is located just minutes south of--Okoboji and the Iowa
Lakes Corridor ---a place that allows for a balance in life. Living
within the communities of the Iowa Lakes Corridor allows you to
have it all. This area provides you with the ability to spend
quality time with your friends and family while meeting your career
objectives. Enjoy easy and scenic commutes, excellent schools with
small class sizes, safe communities to live in and endless
recreational and cultural opportunities year-round. Within the Iowa
Lakes Corridor, there are progressive and distinctive communities
each with its own history, character,--and lifestyle. Find
affordable housing in a variety of beautiful communities and
neighborhoods. The Iowa Lakes Corridor's award-winning, highly
rated schools produce exceptionally educated students. Our higher
education system, including Buena Vista University, Iowa Lakes
Community College and Iowa Central Community College, is a valued
partner in the lifelong learning of our residents, advanced
education, high tech training, and job retraining of our workforce.
Within the Iowa Lakes Corridor, there is a great diversification of
professional healthcare services with caring family doctors and
surgeons along with state-of-the-art hospitals and healthcare
Keywords: Research And Developement Industries Inc, Milford , Senior Systems & Network Engineer, Other , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!