Framing Specialist Store 2123
Company: Jo-Ann Stores, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
SUMMARYProvides exceptional customer service and drives sales in
the Custom Framing Department. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIESBRAND
- Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model
to meet the customer's needs.
- Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers' project
needs and escorts them to the desired product's location.
- Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their
projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register,
and sales floor".
- Ensures friendly service is provided to every customer by
having a "heads up" approach in the Frame Department.
- Maintains visibility in the Frame Department to assist
customers and team members.
- Achieves and maintains appropriate certifications (e.g., cash
register, Lock Down Method) as required by policy.
- Processes sales transactions by using proper cash handling
- Promotes and updates customer mailing list.OPERATIONAL
- Learns specialty framing software and trains other team members
- Ensures proper receiving and stocking of frames and framing
- Ensures protection of all property left by customer to be
- Maintains the standards outlined in the 10 Minutes to a
Successful Frame Shop Checklist (JAS-1268-SOP).
- Accurately completes all forms, logs, reports, and other
- Uses the correct methods for measuring, cutting, scanning, and
ringing Jo-Ann product.BUSINESS ACUMEN
- Drives sales in Framing Department using GUEST assisted selling
- Creates impactful merchandise presentations in the Framing
department according to Company standards.
- Follows all Company policies and procedures related to
- Develops creative framing ideas and customizes framing orders
according to customers' needs.
- Produces framing orders according to Company productivity
- Learns new framing techniques and suggests additional framing
components with each order.
- Prepares Framing department for promotional events by using
Event Sales Planner.
- Ensures accurate signage in Framing department.
- Maximizes sales opportunities by having the right framing
products in Framing department.
- Maintains housekeeping and organization standards and
cleanliness of department.
- Completes daily recovery of Framing department.
- Ensures safety guidelines are followed within department.
- Orders framing supplies.INSPIRATIONAL LEADER
- Trains team members on merchandising framing products, selling
and completing framing orders.
- Coaches to "Best Design Selling" and "Rule of 3"
utilization.SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Sales experience
- Strong knowledge of POS system and Windows-based computer
- Retail operations familiarity
- Working knowledge of scheduling software and Microsoft
- Strong organization skills
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Ability to work with vendors, customers and employees
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and projects
- Ability to interact collaboratively with others
- Ability to get work accomplished through others
- Ability to communicate effectively in a group environment
- Ability to work a varied schedule based on business
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (e.g., carts,
tubs, etc) to and from backroom and sales floor.
- Individually lift up to 40 pounds on a frequent basis and lift
up to 100 pounds with assistance from another Team Member on
- Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
- Bend down and reach above head.
- Climb and descend ladders.
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on
paper and computer screens.
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
- May use 2-way headsets (hear incoming messages and provide
verbal response).EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Education Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience Minimum: Basic knowledge of POS system and
Windows-based computer application
- Experience Preferred: 1+ years in a customer centric
environment EXPECTED AVAILABILITY
- Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of
- Part-time Team Members are gener ally scheduled to work less
than an average of 30 hours per week in a measurement period, as
defined by JOANN and are not guaranteed any particular number of
hours per week.
- Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all
hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of
week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends,
overnight shifts, and holidays.--
- Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the
Team Member's availability.
- Relocation may be required for career progression.-- This
position will be located at:1405 Boston Post Road Milford, CT
06460-2756 JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This
job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties
for this position. Nothing in this job description should be
construed as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is
an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be
terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause
unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement
signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN. 0:00
/ 1:41 Posted 3 Days Ago Full time R24211 About Us JOANN is a
creative and dynamic company buzzing with energy and passion for
inspiring creativity to help our customers find their happy place.
Rooted in Cleveland since 1943, we are now more than 870 stores
strong, and continue to grow as a company and a brand during this
exciting time for our industry. A career at JOANN offers you the
chance to stand out, collaborate creatively with cross-functional
team, and enjoy both personal and professional growth. Creativity
is in our DNA. All creative thinkers take risks. They rely on
instincts others don't have. They take leaps of faith without
safety nets. And they have a vision others don't see. Our founders
were just these sort of thinkers. In 1943, Hilda and Berthold Reich
sold cheese and fancy-foods in Cleveland when their friends asked
them to consider selling fabric. Without the Reichs' courage to
take the leap of faith needed to re-invent themselves, the
Cleveland Fabric Shop would never have been born, let along grow
into the largest fabric and craft retailer in the country. We're
proud of this history, and are looking for creative thinkers,
risk-takers, and other people with vision to join our team and help
carry on the tradition of helping people make things with their
minds, hands and, hearts.
Keywords: Jo-Ann Stores, Inc., Milford , Framing Specialist Store 2123, Other , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!