Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Retail Director is responsible for the coordination and
development of the Retail Sales and Merchandising Organization for
the market/team. - They must be able to lead, manage and coach
activities of the Retail Sales Managers and Unit Managers to ensure
the sales and merchandising objectives of the company and clients
- Develop and maintain consistent communication and rapport with
clients and customers to address opportunities and
- To implement and manage client objectives.
- Provide leadership and direction to meet goals.
- To motivate and develop Sales Managers and Unit
- To oversee and coordinate retail deployment to maximize retail
- To monitor progress and provide performance data.
- To formally evaluate Sales Managers' and Unit Managers'
performance on sales and merchandising objectives.
- Perform periodic evaluations on Sales Managers and Unit
Managers to continue the development of personnel.
- Assist Market Managers and Sales Managers to develop manpower
and staffing plans for retail organizations.
- Analyze manpower planning and deployment with DMS and
- Recruit and select Retail Sales Managers and Unit
- Develop retail activity cost analysis to determine
profitability of clients.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5 years of consumer packaged goods experience, including
essential account management.
- Sales, Marketing, Merchandising and Administration experience
- Good office management and time management skills.
- Ability to exercise influence over people.
- Be able to prioritize multiple demands simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills,
including ability to conduct presentations.
- Proven analytical ability with strong attention to
- Ability to manage a P& L.
- Assertive, decisive, creative, team player and with proven
sense of urgency.
- Negotiation skills and ability to delegate.
- Must be proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Must have a valid driver's license
-Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta
Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.
Acosta utilizes E-Verify for validating the ability to work in the
United States for all job candidates. - If you want more
information on what this entails and your rights as a job
applicant, please use the link provided to access information on
our use of E-Verify and your right to work. - Employer Resources
Keywords: Acosta, Milford , Retail Director, Hospitality & Tourism , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!