Company: KinderCare Education
Posted on: November 19, 2021
KinderCare Education is the nation's leader in early childhood
education. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to
create a future full of lifelong learners. From our National
Support Center, to the classrooms where learning comes to life,
we're united by a passion to create a world of learning, joy and
adventure for more than 161,000 children ages six-weeks through 12
years every day.
Want to feed the tiniest of taste buds? KinderCare Education is
hiring a cook! As a cook, you will prepare healthy and tasty meals
and snacks for the children in our centers. Following a menu and
recipes developed by our in-house nutritionist, you'll ensure our
children have the fuel they need to learn and grow.
When you join our team as a Cook you will:
- Maintain kitchen and related equipment safely and
- Order food and supplies
- Dispense and store medication, as requested
- Complete timely and accurate documentation according to
KinderCare Education and other licensing or regulation
- Help with and take on responsibility in other daily center
duties, as needed
- Support your center's success by partnering with center staff and
leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and
Required Skills and Experience:
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference
- Familiarity with proper conditions and food storage, the ability
to understand the needs of children with food allergies, and to
implement methods of food cross-contamination avoidance.
- Ability to follow nutritious menus and prepare sufficient
quantity of foods for center population
- Basic math skills required for measuring and calculating serving
- Possess a Food Handler's License or willingness to obtain
- At least one year of institutional cooking -- food ordering
experience highly desirable
- Two or more years of experience working with children, highly
- Must be physically able to use the computer with basic
proficiency and the ability to lift up to 40 pounds is strongly
desired and may be required to work in some classrooms or in the
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
The benefits our career professionals enjoy:
KinderCare Education provides a competitive compensation package.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Discounted child care
- Generous paid time off
- Education assistance and reimbursement
- Medical expense reimbursement/ Life insurance/Disability
benefits/ Health and wellness programs
- 401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across
1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education
providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare
- Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work -, Champions -
Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools --- ,
Knowledge Beginnings - and The Grove School -.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran
status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected
by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: KinderCare Education, Milford , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!