Nursing Assistant (Per Diem) - Float Pool
Company: Hartford Healthcare
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Description Job Schedule: Per Diem Standard Hours: 1 Job Shift:
Shift 3 Shift Details: night shift Work whereevery
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's
most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the system's second-largest hospital.
Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and the direction of the
Registered Nurse, the nursing assistant is responsible for
performing specific duties that support patient care, which
includes direct and indirect patient care activities that are
essential to providing a safe and efficient care environment.
This position must adhere to organizational safety practices and
- Assists the RN and the nursing care team by performing nursing
care measures that contribute to the daily management of patient
care. Adheres to Organizational safety practices and standards in
all aspects of role.
- Upholds infection prevention standards.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment
- Follows safe guidelines and limitations for receiving,
transporting, and stocking of intravenous (IV) fluids as related to
specified essential job duties.
- Ensures that intravenous (IV) fluids are kept safe and secure,
have not been tampered with and are not expired.
- Performs and assists with direct patient care: bathing, grooming,
oral / denture care, perineal care, toileting, elimination,
feeding, positioning, repositioning and ambulation.
- Obtains and records vital signs using the electronic medical
- Reports deviations and changes in patient status in a timely
manner to the RN.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to
appropriate patient population.
- Assists RN in maintaining unit standards by returning equipment
properly labeled, maintaining a clean and safe unit environment,
maintaining supplies and keeping hallways free of equipment and
- Performs other related duties as required. Qualifications - High
School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Certified Heart Saver credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) or the American Red Cross and BLS obtained within
60 days of hire date or job transfer date.
- Must read, write, and speak English
- Graduate of an accredited nursing assistant program
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) credentialed by CT Dept Public Health
- One year acute care hospital experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this isyour moment.
Keywords: Hartford Healthcare, Milford , Nursing Assistant (Per Diem) - Float Pool, Healthcare , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!