Phlebotomist/Central processor-Milford Campus
Company: Yale-New Haven Health
Posted on: November 24, 2022
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality
medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the
patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a
Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting
where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees
of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and
contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous,
comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the
care provided to their patients.
Performs clerical and receptionist duties as it applies to remote
site Blood Draw Stations. Performs approved ancillary testing and
collects specimens. Distributes laboratory results-reports,
responds professionally to phone/individual inquiries and
coordinates patient visits for lab services. Maintains a neat and
orderly work area. Essential duties and responsibilities include
but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be
applicable. Communicates with ancillary staff in an effective and
* 1. Coordinates patient visit (and performs initial Patient
registration) to minimize the patient's wait time.
* 1.1 Processes paperwork within a few minutes of receipt as
observed by supervisor or from patient feedback.
* 2. Collects specimen, blood, urine and cultures on
* 2.1 Explains protocols and answers patients questions regarding
specimen collection on a professional manner as observed by
supervisor and as evidenced by feedback from patients and
* 3. Prepares Specimens for transports to the main Laboratory.
* 3.1 Provides a completed transit manifest (where applicable) for
all specimens submitted by courier to the laboratory.as observed
through random specimen manifest review.
* 4. Performs laboratory data entry events associated with specimen
* 4.1 Performs correct test order entry based on written Physician
orders for laboratory testing.
* 5. Maintains departmental records and supplies.
* 5.1 Maintains daily patient documentation log as evidenced by
periodic review of patient log by supervisor.
* 6. Participates in additional activities that are necessary to
satisfy department needs and requirements.
* 6.1 Assists in implementing changes in existing procedures as
designated by departmental needs as indicated by feedback and
observed by supervisor.
* 7. Performs Ancillary Testing (i.e. GTT, Occult Blood, etc.).
* 7.1 Schedules/performs unique testing procedure collections
(where applicable), based on the physician's written request, and
explains procedure to the patient as observed by supervisor or
High school diploma or equivalent. Graduation of a Phlebotomy
Phlebotomy experience preferred; Laboratory specimen processing
Phlebotomy Certification and CPR preferred. Must have a current
driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
Per Diem/As Needed
Good interpersonal skills. Knowledge of general Laboratory and
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb
or regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The
employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The
noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Health, Milford , Phlebotomist/Central processor-Milford Campus, Healthcare , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!