Home Health Aide Per Diem
Company: Yale New Haven Health System
Posted on: November 19, 2022
OverviewTo be part of our organization, every employee should
understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and
live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered,
respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.The Home Health Aide is a
certified individual who provides direct patient care (personal
care) as designated by the Registered Nurse Case Manager, Physical
Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech
- 1. Gives competent and safe patient care, i.e. bathing,
dressing, oral, toileting, etc, according to the home health aide
plan of care established by the RN Case Manager or Therapist.
- 2. Meets the needs of complex patients, i.e. bedbound,
palliative and hospice patients, etc
- 3. Provides safe techniques for ambulation, transfers, and use
of assistive devices. Uses proper body mechanics in positioning and
movement of patients.
- 4. Assists with range of motion exercises as directed and also
with exercise programs instructed by the nurse or therapist.
- 5. Assists with meal preparation in accordance with prescribed
diet. Understands fluid restrictions, recording, and feeding.
- 6. Addresses clean up and maintenance of the patient's
- 7. Communicates any untoward patient findings to the RN Case
Manager or therapist.
- 8. Follows universal precautions and appropriately uses
personal protective equipment.
- 9. Documents care rendered and observations on the home health
aide recording sheets.
- 10. Ensures that all patient related documents are signed and
dated and handed in timely.
- 11. Conforms to payroll standards.
- 12. Complies with HIPAA.
- 13. Complies with weekday and weekend commitments.
- 14. Participates in staff meetings, in-service programs, and
all other required meetings. QualificationsEDUCATION:High School
education or GED preferred, but not necessary.EXPERIENCE:Certified
according to State of Connecticut Public Health Code
regulations.LICENSURE:Successful completion of a home health aide
training program approved by the State of Connecticut Department of
Health or a student LPN or RN who has successfully completed 75
hours of theoretical and clinical instruction in the fundamental
skills of nursing approved by the CT DPH. Successful completion of
a home health aide competency evaluation program approved by the
State of CT DPH Successful completion of a new competency
evaluation program, if there has been a consecutive period of 24
months that the home health aide has not performed nursing related
services for monetary compensation.SPECIAL_SKILLS:Demonstrates
excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be
adaptable, flexible, ability to learn quickly, and have a comfort
level in providing care in patient
homes.ACCOUNTABILITY:Communicates effectively, adheres to the
Standards of Professional Behavior and High Reliability
Organizations.COMPLEXITY:Requires a good understanding of body
mechanics, basics in providing personal care in a home care
setting, and when to report untoward patient
findings.PHYSICAL_DEMAND:Must be able to perform tasks that require
routine standing, bending, and lifting. Must be able to position,
turn, move, walk, and transfer patients in and out of beds, chairs,
bathtubs, showers, etc. YNHHS Requisition ID43368
Keywords: Yale New Haven Health System, Milford , Home Health Aide Per Diem, Healthcare , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!