Assistant Manager - Milford, CT
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Our Story Since 1949 we've maintained a heritage of leadership,
innovation, service, and style. With great hope, energy, and a
shoestring budget, friends Ebner "Eb" Glooskin and Leonard "Len"
Seaman, opened a small "Workingman's" store in New Britain,
Connecticut. Their roadmap to success was simple - provide quality
products, offer them at fair prices, and deliver it all to
customers through great service. On a cold February morning in of
1949 the ---rst EbLens would open for business. Little did Ebner
and Leonard know that one day their ---rst store would be joined by
dozens more; not only in Connecticut but throughout Massachusetts,
Rhode Island, New York State, and New Hampshire. Fast forward
through decades of continuous operation, and you will ---nd the
team at EbLens still working hard to provide the very best retail
experience to their customers. After years of supplying all the
necessities for work, and a shift into army & navy surplus, today's
EbLens has risen from selling essentials to the whole family to a
premiere retail destination delivering the best and most sought
after fashion inspired by today's urban lifestyle. Times have
changed since we opened our ---rst store, and after years of
serving countless customers, we have too. For the latest
information on our products, events or promotions check us out at
eblens.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. But
after more than 65 years some things never change. We'd still
prefer you drop-in to one of our many convenient locations and see
for yourself how Eb & Len are at it again!JOB OVERVIEW: EbLens is
looking for top Retail Management candidates to help lead New
England's #1 urban clothing and footwear company. -DUTIES AND
- Assists the Store Manager in the day-to-day management of the
store in accordance with overall company policy.
- Provides sales ---oor leadership, including coaching, selling
techniques and proper zone coverage. -
- Involved in the overall merchandising of the store, helping to
determine which products to feature, updating various displays and
providing direction to sales sta--- on all merchandising
- Ensures standards for quality, customer service and health and
safety are met; Manages and motivates sta--- to increase sales and
- Ensures work schedules are adhered to and assigns employees to
- Deals with sta---ng issues: providing input on; hiring
potential sta---; employee appraisals and performance reviews; and
assists in training and development of sta---.
- Ensures timely updates to inventory, including price
adjustments, transfers and replenishment of stock upon
- Responds to customer complaints and comments.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities
- Maintains awareness of market trends in the retail industry,
understands forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitors what
local competitors are doing.
- Keeps Store Manager apprised of all activities / incidents
during his/her shift.REQUIREMENTS: -
- -Previous experience in a retail sales environment with
increasing levels of responsibility and a working knowledge of
general retail practices and procedures.
- -Excellent customer service skills; ability to anticipate
- -Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
- -Good merchandising skills.
- -Management experience in a retail sales environment or similar
fast paced, customer service environment, preferred.BENEFITS:
- -Vacation and sick time
- -Medical and dental insurance
- -Casual dress code
- -Employee discount
- -Weekly pay---#CB
Keywords: EbLens, Milford , Assistant Manager - Milford, CT, Executive , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!