Quality Assurance Manager - Day Shift
Company: Sea Watch International, Ltd.
Posted on: May 10, 2022
A seafood processor located on the Eastern Shore of Delmarva in
Milford, Delaware is accepting resumes for a Quality Assurance
Manager for the day shift. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax
to 302-422-3550. Manages the daily quality assurance activities and
food safety programs on the first shift at the Milford plant.
Directly supervises QA Laboratories and oversees the QA Line
Technicians. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: TEAMWORK An integral member of
plant management team. Provide leadership on Continuous improvement
Team Process. LEADS INNOVATION Encourages innovation/change, stays
up to date with policy/procedure changes and improvements. ENERGIZE
AND DEVELOP PEOPLE Motivate people and assist with their
development within the organization, collaborate with other
departments to achieve goals. DELIVER RESULTS - make timely high
quality decisions QUALITY ASSURANCE ACTIVITIES
- Supervise daily instrument calibration program.
- Prepare daily quality documentation and reports.
- Daily review and filing of HACCP and processing records,
Thermal Processing records, Fresh and Frozen production records,
Sanitation Audits, Shucking and Prep records and other support
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by
in-process and finished product grading sheets.
- Collect, analyze and summarize information and trends.
- Identify and segregate for evaluation non-conforming finished
- Monitor and enforce HACCP and pre-requisite programs, GMPs,
Food Defense, Allergen Control/Label Verification and Company
- Supervise daily activities of QA lab technicians.
- Monitor performance of production QA technicians. Verify
accuracy of checks and provide training to maintain consistency of
- Participate in internal auditing program.
- Participate in Mock Recall exercises and actual recalls as
- Assist with design and implementation of special projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES NEEDED:
- Requires 5-10 years' experience in food manufacturing or a
Bachelor's Degree in science or other related field.
- HACCP Certified and completion of FDA sponsored Better Process
Control School or able to obtain within the first year.
- Leadership experience in preparing for and leading team through
third party food safety/ GMP audits
- Experience integrating Statistical Process Control
- Good knowledge of MS Office Productivity Software.
- Great attention to detail and a results driven approach.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday nights with some
Saturdays. Hours are 5PM to 3AM depending on production schedule.
BENEFITS: Excellent competitive pay and first day of hire benefits
includes; vacation, holiday and sick pay, medical, vision, dental,
life and disability insurance, and a company safe harbor matching
401k.M/F/D EOE CONTACT US Sea Watch International
8978 Glebe Park Drive
Easton, MD 21601-7004
Keywords: Sea Watch International, Ltd., Milford , Quality Assurance Manager - Day Shift, Executive , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!