Company: Manufacturing Company
Posted on: June 24, 2020
This position is the principle executive for operations at the
plant. This individual is responsible for the management of plant
operations to ensure that all key plant objectives are met; this
includes, but it is not limited to, safety, quality, cost, customer
service and employee engagement. This position will be directly
responsible for oversight of day-to-day activities within all
departments. This person must possess the ability to be a strategic
business partner with internal and external customers, suppliers,
and peers throughout the organization. Excellent interpersonal
skills are required, as well as the ability to drive continuous
improvement activities utilizing individuals from various levels
and functions within the organization, as well as innovative tools
and approaches. Key competencies include the ability to inspire
trust, create direction, drive organizational alignment, build and
develop teams, execute with excellence and produce extraordinary
results. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage daily operations through subordinates.
- Set the tone and expectation of safety performance for the
- Monitor key performance indicators to assess labor & variance
to budget, yield dollars to budget, total delivered cost and
- Develop and implement long term strategic plans that support
the company's strategic roadmap, and ensure the vitality of the
- Ensure that key objectives are met; such as cost, quality,
on-time delivery, customer service, and environmental
- Ensure that the operation is meeting key workplace objectives
such as safety, employee engagement, diversity, and employee
- Ensure that the facility and equipment are properly maintained
and the appropriate maintenance programs are in place.
- Create alignment and accountability; establish clear goals that
align the plant's efforts with the organization's vision; ensure
synergies between people, processes, and strategies to drive
flawless execution of business objectives.
- Enhance organizational talent; build a competitively superior
organization by attracting, developing, and retaining talent to
ensure that people with the right skills and motivations are in the
right place at the right time to meet business needs.
- Works with various corporate business partners to drive plant
and company initiatives, facilitate exemplary employee performance
and support company-wide measurables.
- Ensure that production requirements are met in a safe, cost
effective, and quality conscious manner, and in accordance with
state, federal, and industry-specific laws and
- Inspire and encourage plant associates to execute against
continuous improvement strategies and provide strategic direction
for plant improvement priorities.
- Develop and maintain the plant's capital expense plans. Execute
against capital plans by writing or delegating writing of capital
projects and requisitions.
- Ensure that HR policies and practices are adhered to in an
- Identify, investigate, and resolve technical issues related to
the manufacturing process resulting either from equipment failures,
non-conformance to formulas or procedures, or faulty processes. Be
capable to lead root cause / failure analyses within a short time
frame, with limited information while avoiding excessive cost
exposure. Oversee this process, with final accountability over the
decision or solution to the problems.
- Coordinate with marketing, sales and R&D and plant
resources on the installation of new product lines to facilitate a
smooth ramp-up with no injuries, on-time, within budget, at desired
volumes and quality standards.
- Reduce "Total Delivered Cost", which requires the coordination
and vigilance to coordinate efforts to increase efficiencies across
all departments and functions, while at the same time focusing on
specific barriers and inefficiencies within various
- The Plant Manager must be able to communicate and relate to the
general workforce very effectively and must be savvy to the nuances
of effective employee relations, effectively strategizing a plan
that keeps morale high and employees engaged during times of
- Must possess the vision and business acumen to understand and
incorporate the company's strategic road map into plant
Education and ExperienceRequired Education: Bachelor's degree,
preferably in Business Administration or Industrial
Engineering.Education Preferred: Masters/MBA. Lean/Six Sigma
certification and demonstrated experience required, Black Belt
strongly preferred.Minimum Experience: 15+ years of experience in
supply chain management, manufacturing, engineering, and quality
experience in a continuous manufacturing operation with full
P&L responsibility. Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Plant
- Strong Lean Manufacturing, TPM, Equipment Reliability and Six
Sigma experience in a continuous process manufacturing operation
with full P&L responsibility.
- Superior business acumen.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a commitment to teamwork and
a team-based environment
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Empowering leader with the ability to interface with and engage
all levels of the organization from line worker to corporate
officer. Demonstrated attitude of respect and professionalism while
working with others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proficient in communication
skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in startup operations a plus.
- Understanding of sales, marketing, supply chain and R&D;
their interface and key drivers; as well as Quality Assurance, and
Safety Management; Logistics and Warehouse Management.
- Ability to analyze and process high volumes of information and
manage multiple priorities in a timely manner with precise
attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficient in various computer programs such as MS Office,
Outlook, etc. to facilitate a high level of personal
- Experience with ERPs.
Keywords: Manufacturing Company, Milford , Plant Manager, Executive , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!