Company: Beacon Health Options
Posted on: March 26, 2020
We Help People Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with
behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader
in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across
all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering
a'world-class' candidate experience from the moment you
click'Apply'! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential,
while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for
Beacon is currently seeking aCare Manager to join our team at
ourRocky Hill, CT office. The Care Manager provides assessments,
referrals, and triage. Conducts telephone assessments, collecting
sufficient data to make appropriate referral and certification
decisions for emergency/urgent referrals that require alternate
levels of care. Makes appropriate certification decisions.
Collaborates with providers to determine alternate levels of care
and to facilitate transfers to network facilities and providers
whenever possible. Facilitates coordination of care with other care
managers to assure continuity of care.
What does a typical day look like?
- Providing a timely outreach to new referrals
- Engaging members into the program by providing compelling
rationale on the benefits of the program to fit the unique member's
- Completing members needs assessment to determine appropriate
services and inform the care plan.
- Developing an individualized member centric comprehensive care
plan with input from the member, provider and family. The
individual goals include: recovery and resiliency, decreasing
symptomatology and/or increasing functional ability in areas such
as self-care, work/school, and family/interpersonal relations in
order to reduce barriers to treatment.
- Providing monitoring and reviewing of cases through planned
outreach, incoming contacts, care coordination and utilizing
rounds, weekly reports and individual supervision.
- Rounding or staffing with a supervisor takes place once per
month at a minimum for difficult or challenging cases.
- Providing consultation and coordination with the behavioral
health or medical providers, facility or, family members, s,
community agencies, or involved medical practitioners regarding
treatment and/or treatment planning issues.
- Providing motivational counseling and encourage self-advocacy
to help sustain members' commitment to their care plans and
- Coordinating and consulting with the UM Care Manager and
medical care management as necessary Attending regularly scheduled
rounds to consult with a psychiatrist or health plan staff and
discuss cases and the need for continued intensive care management
and outreach. Sending outreach letters to members who are not
telephonically accessible or who do not respond to multiple
telephonic outreach attempts.
- Frequency of outreach to the member, supports and provider(s)
occur at a minimum one time per month, but more may be scheduled
according to the member's clinical needs.
- Member's progress and CM interventions are documented
appropriately in the care management system.
- Providing case closure/discharge at the time of
- Follows all work flows meetings regulatory and accreditation
- Maintain a consistent caseload within parameters as defined by
clinical leadership. Communicate as needed with clinical supervisor
to address caseload
- Provide telephonic or field based case management, as assigned,
to facilitate interventions with providers and members.
- Escalate quality of care concerns to the Quality
- Refers cases that do not meet criteria to Peer Advisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you Contribute?
Education: B.S.Degree in mental health field or an Associate's
Degree in Nursing with related psychiatric nursing experience.
Preferred Education:Master's degree or higher in a health related
field. Certain specialties may require specific certification, such
as Board Certified Behavior Analyst, in addition to educational
Licensure: Current, valid, unrestricted clinical license required
(RN, LCSW, MFT, LPCC, PhD or PsyD) or BNS and must practice within
the scope of license
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years, post licensure, of combined
direct behavioral health clinical and managed care experience.
Contracts may dictate other specific experience and/or licensure
Knowledge, Skills& Abilities:
- Expert and proficient level knowledge, skill and ability
- Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Group presentation and public speaking skills
- Collaboration and team-oriented work philosophy
- Demonstrated experience effectively engaging with members and
- Familiarity with managed care and health plan care
- Demonstrated work experience meeting strict deadlines and
established cycle times through effective prioritization and
- Care Managers are required to be educated in current
principles, procedures and knowledge domains of case management
based on nationally recognized standards of care management.
- Care managers must practice within the scope of their
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it's not just a job- it's an opportunity to change
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members,
providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health& wellbeing incentives, such as gym membership
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for?
Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free
Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top
priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using
official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates
who have applied for an open position through our Careers page
(careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview
process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the
phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon
recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable
information from you.
Keywords: Beacon Health Options, Milford , Care Manager, Executive , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!