Company: Human Services Management Corporation
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Human Services Management Corporation (HSMC) provides shared
business and consulting services to both non-profit and proprietary
human services agencies. These services include accounting,
payroll, third-party billing and collections, human resources,
online and live Continuing Education, marketing, facility
development and quality assurance programs. Job Description We seek
a strong staff accountant to join our Finance & Accounting team to
support our clients and assist in delivering accurate and complete
financial reports. Must have collaborative team spirit and positive
attitude. Scope of Responsibilities
- Prepare all journal entries necessary to provide financial
statements for client companies on a monthly basis.
- Perform monthly, quarterly or yearly reconciliations, as
appropriate, and detailed analysis on assigned accounts.
Researching and resolving discrepancies as needed.
- Monthly invoicing of numerous state agencies and reconciliation
- Timely preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Assist Accounting Manager with preparations of materials
necessary for completion of annual audits and related filings,
including any reports and schedules required by the external
- Act as a resource for the clients served by providing support
and answering financial questions and researching and interpreting
- Assist with ad-hoc financial analysis and internal/external
reporting for management and/or client companies.
- Any other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Vice
President of Finance, Accounting Manager and/or the President.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with
Accounting/Finance background is desired.
- At least 1-3 years of related experience, human services or
health care a plus.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills as
well as excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships and collaborate with peers to complete
- Ability to take initiative, follow tasks and assignments
through to completion, and resolve issues efficiently. Be able to
multi-task, prioritize, and meet established deadlines.
- Must possess a strong understanding of accounting principles
(GAAP) and not-for-profit accounting. Additional Information
- Medical & Dental
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Please visit our website at
www.hsmc.org to learn more about our organization! Selection for
employment is made regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy or
pregnancy-related condition, marital status, national origin,
ancestry, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, someone
who is a member of, applies to perform, or has an obligation to
perform, service in a uniformed military service of the United
States, including the National Guard, on the basis of that
membership, application or obligation; veteran status, or any other
bases protected by law. HSMC participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: Human Services Management Corporation, Milford , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Milford, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!